The 7 Best Places to Live in Lucknow
‘Muskuraiye aap Lucknow mein hain!’ (Smile, you’re in Lucknow). This age-old saying rings in our heads as we step into the ‘City of Nawabs.’
One major factor that makes it one of the happiest cities in the country is the convenience factor attached to it. Besides the rich heritage and the ‘pehle aap’ (first you) culture, Lucknow offers a good mixture of small-town comforts and big city. Successive governments have shelled out quite a lot of money in the development and building of the excellent infrastructure of the city.
Lucknow is a city situated on the northwestern shores of the Gomti River. The city is an essential hub of originality and cultural diversity in the nation. Lucknow is a heritage city dating thousands of years back and has seen more than 800 years of rule by the Delhi Sultanate as the first part of the Awadh district. The city has become a mine of fascinating facts during its journey from the Sultanate Era until the present decade through the British Raj. A city that has taken up to growth without giving up its hold on the age-old allure and glory is the largest city of Uttar Pradesh.
You can enjoy cultural potboiler of delicious food, handicraft, music, art, etc. Lucknow is well-known for its embroidery work called as ‘Chikankari’; it’s a particular trait of Lucknow been successively around for 400 years now. The creative embroidery patterns are a sight, and that’s one of the main reasons people come from all over the nation to learn this art as well as get a piece for themselves.
However, when it comes to searching and finalizing a perfect residential area in Lucknow for you and your loved ones, it's obvious that you might get confused and fail to identify which residential area will be more suitable. You should preferably look for a home which is close to your daily life necessities so that you will not have to face traffic problems every day. But, if you want to start a new phase of your life away from the city crowd and pollution, then it’s better to look for homes far away from commercial areas.
We agree that finding the right locality for your home is one of the riskiest tasks, as you can change your decision immediately after signing the paper of your new home. Read on to know about the best place to live in Lucknow and you can do further research about a particular area according to your budget and daily needs. Using the information below, you will be able to select a suitable residential area where you can have the necessary amenities needed for a comfortable daily life located close by.
List of Top 7 Residential Areas in Lucknow
Alambagh is one of the most preferred residential areas, which was converted into a fort during the 1857 revolt and contained a palace, a mosque, and an attractive garden. Today, it serves as a vital residential hub which is located near the Lucknow-Kanpur highway, and the best thing is that the airport and is located at a distance of only 3kms from the Charbagh railway station. People living in Alambagh believes there's nothing which you can’t get in Alambagh, like cafés, showrooms of branded clothes, furniture, ornaments and jewelry as well as fresh fruits and vegetables, this place has it all, which helps to have a peaceful life.
Essentials for daily life near Alambagh
- Schools: Darshan Academy, Red Rose Public Senior Secondary School, Navyug Public School, Our Little Angels' Home, etc.
- Companies: ExpertsCabin - An IT Company, ARGS Info Services Pvt. Ltd., EBC Publishing Pvt. Ltd., Wipro Tech Solutions, Noivo Tech Pvt. Ltd., and many more.
- Best places to visit: Buddha Vihar Shanti Upvan, Traffic Training Park, Tilkeshwar Mahadev Shivalya, Havelock Memorial, etc.
- Hospitals: Ajanta Hospital and IVF Centre, Avadh Hospital, City Hospital and Trauma Centre, Deo Hospital, etc.
- Shopping Malls: Phoenix United Mall, fbb, Pratap Tower, Harish Fashion Mart, Vishal Mall, etc.
- Nearby Parks: Neighbourhood Park, Adarsh Nagar Park, lake park RDSO, Shivam Park, and many more.
Ashiyana is a peaceful and well-maintained neighborhood residential area with lots of greenery, which connects lots of major city areas like Bangla bazaar, LDA, Eldeco, and Alambagh, which helps people to travel at any place quickly. This area also enjoys the central position of importance as it has 5 or 6 gyms in the 5km radius, Ashiyana is also known as the capital for the gym freaks, which is why it is one of the best places to live in Lucknow for the young crowd and family.
Essentials for daily life near Ashiyana
- Schools: Chiranjiv Bharati School, Vishwanath Academy, Modern Public School, Shanti Juniors Ashiyana Sec N, etc.
- Companies: Rakuso InSource IT Pvt. Ltd., Ammple, Alllmaa IT Solution, Neodigitech, and many more.
- Attractive places: Maharaja Bijli Pasi Quila, Eco Park, Dream World, Old Fort, etc.
- Hospitals: Aashiyana Medical Centre Hospital, Aastha Maternity & Laparoscopy Centre, Vaishali Maternity, Adarsh Hospital and Health Center, etc.
- Shopping Malls: Emerald Mall, Smriti Plaza, Peter England Factory Outlet, etc.
- Parks for refreshment: Ashiana Park, Green Park, Chiranjeev Bharti Park, etc.
Indira Nagar is the most posh area in lucknow sectioned into blocks and sectors, where you can find the famous ‘Bhootnath market’ has a fancy car and merchandise showrooms which will help you to avail all the day to day life requirements. You can get the best transportation services here by the help of metro connectivity to move to any other areas of Lucknow quickly at affordable rates, that why it has become a first residential choice in past few years.
Essentials for daily life near Indira Nagar
- Schools: Central Academy School, Gurukul Academy, HS Memorial Public School, Delhi Public School, United World School, etc.
- Companies: Sigma Trade Wings, Kaizen Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Cardinal Technology Solutions, Aadox - Ideation Actualized, and many more.
- Exciting places to visit: Bhootnath Mandir, Swarna Jayanti Smriti Vihar Park, Anandi Water Park, etc.
- Hospitals: Shekhar Hospital, CNS Hospital, Sushma Hospital, Jwala Hospital, Asheerwad Hospital, Sadbhawana Hospital, etc.
- Shopping Malls: Paropkari Mini Mall, Mamta Shopping Centre, Fun Republic Mall, etc.
- Parks for recreation: Arvindo Park, Indira Nagar C Block Park, Gandhi Park, Adarsh Park, Ekta Park, and many more.
Rajajipuram is one of the well-maintained, peaceful and clean locality of Lucknow best place to live with all daily life requirements at an affordable price as equated to other areas. Catering to a lot of college and school students, it has a lot of top coaching centers and best industrial hub located nearby, which has made this locality best for students and officegoers as you can get quick transportation facilities available 24 hours.
Essentials for daily life near Rajajipuram
- Schools: St Anjani's Public School, City Montessori School, St. Mary's School, St. James Mission School, St. Joseph Montessori School, and many more.
- Companies: Oqtic Softwares Private Limited, CSC Star, IT Success Point, CodeMaya, Avadh Texwood & Systems (P) Ltd., etc.
- Hospitals: National Hospital - 24×7 Emergency services, Swami Vivekanand Hospital, Sethi Hospital, Eye Hospital, Rajaji Puram Hospital and Maternity Research Center, etc.
- Best places: Kothari Bandhu Park, Shri Balaji Mandir, Chattar Manzil, Nadan Mahal, etc.
- Parks for refreshment: E Block Park, Rajajipuram Park, Mohan Road Park, Suryoday Park, etc.
Chowk is identified as one of the oldest residential areas of Lucknow city is, where the ‘Andaaz and Adab of the Nawabs Sher’, Bara Imam Bara and Chota Imam Bara right around every corner of town of streets filled with Chikan clothes and traditional ornament stores, Chowk is famous for shopper’s paradise. If you love to live in the lap of nature, then Chowk is one of the best place to live in Lucknow for you.
Essentials for daily life near Chowk
- Schools: Columbia Foundation School, St. Bernadette's School, Kidzee chowk preschool, Little Millennium, etc.
- Companies: Ishabh I.T Solutions, Technochez IT Hub, Info Computer Systems, Tech Info Solutions, etc.
- Hospitals: Brajraj Hospital, Markating, Samra Hospital, Brajraj Test Tube Baby Centre, Plus Hospital, etc.
- Places to visit: Pizza Cave, Medicyn, Satkhanda, Koneshwar Temple, Gautam Buddha Park, and many more.
- Parks for recreation: Lohia Park, Sharga Park, Victoria Street Park Nakhaas, etc.
Hazratganj is also the most posh area in Lucknow situated in the heart of the city. It is known for the significant shopping centers as well as recognized as the home of political leaders and successful businessman of the town. The countless number of well-furnished apartments and several IT companies, best schools and universities are available in this area, which will help you to fulfill your daily requirements without traveling a long distance. You can also get the best and affordable transportation facility available 24 hours due to the presence of metro connectivity and reliable public transportation to help you move locally or outside Lucknow.
Essentials for daily life near Hazratganj
- Schools: Cathedral School of Lucknow, Play House School, Christ Church College, St. Francis' College, Fun N Learn School, etc.
- Companies: Halwasiya IT Solutions, Webdigitronix Softlabs Private Limited, Medma Infomatix Pvt. Ltd., Alcanzar Software Solutions Private Limited, Web IT Solution Hub, and many more.
- Hospitals: Shyama Prasad Mukharji (Civil) Hospital, Choupad Hospital, Makker Medical, Indira IVF Lucknow, Sgpgi hospital, etc.
- Shopping Malls: Sahara Ganj Mall, Oberon, Miniso, Sahara Ganj Mall, etc.
- Nearby Parks: Banshidhar Pandey Park, Supanch Maharshi Park, Botanic Garden, Park Street, etc.
- Places to visit: State Museum Lucknow, Birdhouse Lucknow Zoo, 1857-Memorial Museum Residency, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden, etc.
Eldeco is also one of the famous residential areas and best place to live in Lucknow, where you can find lots of well-maintained houses available at affordable price, that why massive chunk of the Lucknow’s population resides in this area. Eldeco provides the people peace of mind, as it lots of beautiful parks, top school, best shopping complexes, and safe environment, with 24 transportation services.
Essentials for daily life near Eldeco
- Schools: Delhi Public School, Eldeco, Trinity International Public School, J.N.S.Public School, Poineer Montessori School, and many more.
- Companies: Trendsetterz IT Services, Pvt. Ltd., ARC Infosys, HCL Technologies, Prabhakar IT Services, etc.
- Hospitals: Udyan Health Care, Oasis ENT Hospital, Asha Hospital, Sun Rise Hospital, etc.
- Shopping Malls: Eldeco Shopping Complex, Eldeco Express Plaza, Eldeco Kusum Plaza, Platinum Mall, etc.
- Nearby Parks: Eldeco Park, Eldeco Park View, Eldeco Green Colony Park 1, Triangular Park, and many more.
- Best places to visit: Gautam Buddha Park, Chakra Tirth Temple, ISKCON Temple, Disney Water Wonder park, etc.