For local shifting in Delhi, the packers and movers provide packaging services with loading and unloading of goods, and they also guarantee . Local relocation services also include the unpacking of the goods as well.
Packer Mover Hiring Guide in Delhi
Home relocation could be stressful as there would be so many things to arrange and take care of before as well as after moving. Professional packers and movers in Delhi are expert in providing packing and moving services for any needs within or outside Delhi. All you need to do is hire a genuine relocation company with best services and sit back and enjoy your relocation process. In Delhi, it won’t be surprising if you got into a scam or fraud as there are many fake relocation companies. So, before hiring packers and movers in Delhi, make sure you do proper background research and check the feedback provided by their previous customers.
AssureShift strives hard to provide reliable packers and movers in Delhi to our customers. We have collaborated with the best local moving companies in Delhi as well as intercity packers movers who can help relocate within Delhi or to a different city as well. As you are in Delhi, enjoy the classic and ancient monuments of the Capital City of India while we arrange the best relocation company for your shift.
We have the top-performing residential relocation company that provides best services at a cheaper rate. Fill our query form and our team will reach out to you with the 3 best relocation companies near you. Our customer support team will back you in the entire relocation process.
Local Packers and Movers Charges in Delhi
|Price Breakup/ House Size||1 BHK||2 BHK||3 BHK|
|Packing Costs||₹ 1,000 – 2,500||₹ 1,500 - 3,500||₹ 2,000 - 4,800|
|Labour Charges||₹ 650 – 1,500||₹ 1,000 – 2,500||₹ 1,500 – 3,400|
|Transport Rates||₹ 2,350 – 6,000||₹ 3,500 – 9,000||₹ 5,000 – 11,800|
|Total Moving Price||₹ 4,000 – 10,000||₹ 6,000 – 15,000||₹ 8,500 – 20,000|
Factors Affecting Shifting Costs within Delhi
As you plan your relocation to hire best movers in Delhi, you might miss out some of the major factors that would add up to your expenses. Sometimes the following factors can make relocation costly:
- The more the number of items, there will be more packing and loading pressure.
- Your belongings are very dear to you, so the quality of packing materials (Premium/Economic) to be used will also make a difference on the rates.
- Distance of Relocation is of course the main factor as well.
- The labour charges might increase depending on the residing floor and availability of lift/stairs.
- Transportation or vehicle type, if you choose to relocate by shared truck or dedicated truck.
- Brand of the movers, yes the brand makes the differences. The banded companies charge a bit more promising better moving services.
- Total workforce/manpower needed, more manpower leads to faster service. Also might affect the charges.
Packers and Movers Rates in Delhi for Domestic Relocation
|Move Type/Distance||Up to 350km||350 - 750 km||750 - 1200 km||1200 - 1700 km||1700 - 2300 km|
|1 BHK||₹ 10,500 – 18,500||₹ 12,500 – 20,000||₹ 14,500 – 21,500||₹ 17,000 – 24,000||₹ 19,000 – 27,000|
|2 BHK||₹ 13,500 – 22,500||₹ 16,000 – 25,500||₹ 18,500 – 28,000||₹ 21,000 – 32,000||₹ 24,000 – 36,000|
|3 BHK||₹ 16,500 – 26,500||₹ 19,000 – 30,500||₹ 21,500 – 34,500||₹ 25,000 – 38,000||₹ 29,000 – 43,000|
|4 BHK/Villa||₹ 21,000 – 31,000||₹ 24,000 – 35,000||₹ 27,000 – 40,000||₹ 31,000 – 43,000||₹ 35,000 – 50,000|
|2-Wheeler||₹ 5,000 – 9,000||₹ 3,200 – 6,000||₹ 4,200 – 7,400||₹ 6,000 – 10,000||₹ 6,800 – 11,200|
|4-Wheeler||₹ 5,000 – 9,000||₹ 7,000 – 12,000||₹ 8,500 – 14,500||₹ 10,500 – 17,500||₹ 12,000 – 20,000|
Factors Influencing Intercity Moving Prices from Delhi
Below mentioned points are some of the major factors to consider while planning domestic shifting in Delhi and prepare your expenditure of home shifting.
- Number of items
- Distance between the origin to destination
- Size of the house to be shifted
- Quality of packing material (Premium/Economic)
- Type of transport or size of the vehicle
- Labour charges
- Residing Floor and availability of lift/stairs
- Additional charges and taxes may apply
Transport Charges from Delhi Based on Truck Type
|House Size/ Truck Type||Shared Truck||Dedicated Truck|
|1 BHK||₹ 8,500 - 14,000||₹ 12,500 - 18,000|
|2 BHK||₹ 11,000 - 18,000||₹ 15,000 - 22,000|
|3 BHK||₹ 13,000 - 21,500||₹ 17,000 - 27,500|
Note: The exact transportation rates may vary according to the distance from Delhi to your destination city. Click on the link to know in more detail about Delhi packers and movers charges.
How to estimate house shifting service charges and costs in Delhi?
Packing and moving is not a single person’s job, it involves a lot of time and manpower to make relocation successful. Also, there are several factors such as packaging materials, distance, and transportation chosen.
Also when you try to estimate the charges for your shifting there are various things like number of goods you have, number of delicate items that need more attention, the floor on which you are residing presently, and if your building has a lift or not. Sometimes the packers and movers cost may be based on how far is the location of truck from your home and the number of furniture to relocate as well.
The cost of the truck also calculates when you choose your moving services in Delhi, the charges differ on the basis of the shared truck or dedicated truck. The shared truck costs comparatively low as that of the dedicated ones. However, it has its own advantages, such as in dedicated trucks the delivery of the goods could be confirmed on a particular date or within those days. In the case of shared trucks, the delivery of goods may not have any certainty and may take a longer time to deliver, as the packing company in Delhi might wait for the truck to be filled with goods.
Packers and movers also charge extra for disassembling home appliances such as TV, AC, geyser, etc. and also if you request them to reassemble them at your destination, that might also add to additional charges. (Note: The reassembling of home appliances is only applicable for local shifting. In case the mover’s company has a branch at your new destination, they might help you with unpacking and reassembling the goods.)
What to Verify when Hiring Packers Movers?
Hiring packers and movers could be tough as well as risky due to the presence of many fake & unprofessional moving companies in the market. Follow these tips to avoid mishandling, misplacing, or fraud.
- Check moving company websites for complete and accurate company details, years of experience, services offered, etc. Check their ‘Contact Us’ page and validate phone numbers and office address by calling & visiting the location mentioned on the site.
- Make sure the movers have valid GST certificate authorized by Govt of India and verify the owner’s ID proof like Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, etc.
- Double Check Service Quality – Check the quality of packing material and types of moving equipment used by movers; find out what methods they will follow for packing, moving, and handling your goods.
- Find out the packaging material quality & loading unloading equipment used by the moving company and learn about their different packing methods and handling techniques employed.
- Go through packers and movers reviews on Google, Mouthshut, Trustpilot, Facebook, etc., to know the service quality provided in real-time and check if they have any pending complaints.
- Compare multiple cost estimates (at least 3-5) to identify the most suitable mover charging affordable rates for your required relocation services. Make sure to check for hidden charges before finalizing.
- Never go for lowest price estimations as it can be a sign of poor quality or fraud. Prefer to choose companies offering value for money i.e., good quality services at affordable prices.
- Negotiate to get better offers & discounts; get the movers to beat or at least match the competitor’s pricing.
- Read the contract and terms & conditions carefully and clarify your doubts before signing the agreement. Also, remember to take the original insurance policy documents once you have paid for it.
Risks of Moving Household Goods by Yourself in Delhi
Shifting a home/office is not everyone’s cup of tea, few people choose to relocate on their own, but it is a hell lot difficult that it seems. Shifting involves packing, disassembling home appliances, packing them properly, loading & unloading, and transportation. It would be a lot to take in.
Here are some of the basic differences between how it would be to hire packers & movers in Delhi vs. self-moving.
Let’s start with the very primary thing of the shifting process, i.e, the process of packing. Packing requires skills and knowledge to pack the fragile and tiny-winy items of your home. And of course a lot of packaging materials. When you pack on your own, you have to struggle with where to start, how to arrange things, how much packing material is required, etc. Whereas if you hire packers and movers, they know exactly from where to start, how to arrange, how much and what kind of packing materials are required. It also saves time for both.
As you are done with packing, the hectic job comes in i.e, loading and unloading the items or goods. If you are shifting your home, there will be a lot of huge items that need expert and experienced hands to move and load. Items like the refrigerator, washing machine, wardrobe, and many other things. As you would be moving it on your own you won’t have enough manpower either which could lead to damage to the item or you or to the property. Whereas if you get a relocation company hired they may carry out the process with ease plus they have packing blankets and equipment like furniture sliders or moving dollies, hand trucks, forklifts, panel movers, moving straps and ropes, pallet jacks, and many others to carry the huge or heavy items.
After all the pain of loading the items, you also have to take care of the transportation part as well. As you might have not done this before, you would need time to research which kind of truck or carrier would suit the best for the shifting. You might end up hiring the wrong carrier for yourself. In this case, if you hire a packer and mover they come over with the carrier that is apt for your relocation. As in the pre-move survey, they would have taken note of the items to be moved and the number of goods to be shifted.
Disassembling and reassembling the goods could be a problem because you might not be aware of the procedure to disassemble and reassemble the appliances. You might not know how to protect the appliance and yourself as you carry out the procedure. As a result, you might hurt yourself or might damage the appliance. If you take up a relocation company, they are experienced and do the necessary quickly and perfectly.
In self-moving, there are various aspects which people tend to ignore for the sake of budget and end up spending more than required along with the unnecessary pain and waste of time. In case some of the goods are damaged in the relocation process, you will have to pay it from your pocket, whereas if you hire packers and movers they can help you with the insurance coverage which you can claim later.
Process of Household Shifting from Start to End
Step #1: Hiring Right Packers Movers via AssureShift
Finding trustworthy shifting companies through AssureShift is extremely easy.
- Share your shifting requirements details like origin & destination, moving items, relocation date, service quality required, and contact.
- Get top 3 references of best-match packers & movers as per your requirements & budget within few minutes.
- Our referred movers will conduct a pre-move survey to quote your shifting charges. They will provide telephonic estimates for a few items or conduct physical survey at home for a large number of goods & more accurate prices.
- You can negotiate smartly to crack the jackpot deals and get a good, discounted price.
- Compare all packers movers details like company profiles, services offered, moving prices quoted, and reviews & ratings.
- Identify and finalize your deal with the best-suited relocation service provider fulfilling your shifting requirements and budget.
Step #2: Shifting Household Goods with Packers & Movers
- Moving labor will disassemble bulky goods like sofa, dining table, bed, etc., to ensure secure packaging & damage-free loading-unloading. They follow proper instructions and procedures for dismantling.
- Home goods will be packed appropriately with suitable packing methods & techniques. Quality material like plastic wrap, bubble wrap, corrugated sheets, carton boxes, packing paper, etc., are used for secure packing.
- Different loading strategies are employed for loading different household items like furniture, TV, appliances, light fixtures, art & paintings, etc. Moving labor use appropriate equipment like moving dollies, hand trucks, furniture sliders, panel movers, and so on.
- Quick and safe transport of house goods is guaranteed from origin to destination in appropriate trucks. Experienced transporters also ensure delivery to your doorstep on time.
- Movers will carefully unload delivered items into the house as per your requirements. They will also unpack all your boxes and perform reassembly of dismantled goods using the necessary tools and techniques.
- Check for damages and working conditions of all goods and report any problems to the movers right away.
Note: When you are shifting house to a different city, moving companies will only provide unpacking & reassembly services at the destination upon your request and at additional charges.
How to Plan & Prepare for the Move
It’s important to get organized and plan properly to ensure stress-free moving. Create a complete moving task checklist and keep track of the pending work.
- Reduce the total number of moving items by decluttering unwanted & unused household goods. Donate usable items to a local charity or sell them online.
- Start looking for movers & packers companies at least 10-20 days before your move so that you have enough time to research their details and identify the right moving company. You can also choose to go through a trusted reference portal like AssureShift to book pre-verified packers and movers services within a few minutes.
- Make sure to carry daily essentials for the first few days in a separate overnight bag with you. Pack items like clothes, medications, kid’s items, toiletries, towels, clean bedding, cleaning supplies, and so on.
- Sort through all your papers and organize ‘Important’ documents into labelled files & folders. Pack valuables like laptops & other electronics, chargers, jewelry, etc., in your overnight bag to prevent major losses.
- Choose the most economical day for moving, i.e., middle of the month (between 6th – 24th) or weekdays (Mon - Thu). It’s not only easy to find reliable movers at this time but also save immensely on the entire move due to less demand for shifting.
- Visit the new house before moving and perform a thorough and deep clean to get rid of dirt, grime, and bacteria. Also, check the working condition of taps, plumbing, electrical sockets, etc., and get the repairs done.
- Update your new address at important firms like banks, credit card firms, post office, educational institutions, insurance firms, online shopping sites, magazine subscriptions, etc.to avoid missing out crucial mail communications.
- Contact your utility service providers to get your Water, Electricity, Internet, LPG Agency, TV Dish & Cable, etc., disconnected, transferred, or reconnected at both homes on a specific date.
- Wipe all appliances to prepare them for safe moving. Defrost the fridge one night before relocation and remove all the shelves.
- Clean electronics and take photos of connections before unplugging for easy rewiring later. Pack all the appliance & electronic device wires into correctly labelled Ziploc bags.
Delhi Packers & Movers Services
Local Shifting Services within Delhi
Domestic Home Moving Services from Delhi
Moving from Delhi over long distances needs more attention to the packaging and dismantling of appliances, furniture, and household appliances. Intercity packers and movers in Delhi use bubble wrappers and corrugated sheets to pack delicate items to avoid damages. The apt carrier is also chosen according to the number of goods for better transit. Movers also provide secure and timely delivery.
Car or Bike relocation from Delhi
Cars and bikes need to be packed carefully to avoid scratches or damages to the vehicle. Expert vehicle movers in Delhi dismantle removable parts to avoid breakage and wrap them carefully. The car or bike is fastened properly during transit using straps, ropes, and big belts.
Warehouse Facilities near Delhi
The storage facilities come with security and insurance services. Movers provide 24/7 security services to ensure goods safety, along with insurance facilities for customer reliability. The moved items can be stored as long as the customer wants and accordingly the charges may apply.
Cargo Shipping Services
Cargo services in Delhi provide the most affordable shipping across the globe. The cargo shipping companies also take care of all the paper works such as export documents, completing custom facilities, consignment tracking, and import clearance at the destination.
Office Shifting in Delhi
The packers and movers in Delhi NCR are specialized in shifting workspace to any place in India. The moving companies use immaculate packing to make sure the delicate appliances are not damaged during the transit. However, there is always an insurance service from the packers and movers for safety purposes.
Tips to Pack your Goods Safely
Packing the items on your own is difficult, as you are not experienced it might become more difficult and confusing when you start the packing process. Here are some of the packing tips to help you in shifting.
- Tip 1: First pack the items that you don’t need on a daily basis. The most used items can be packed at the last so that you can open it as soon as the packers and movers deliver.
- Tip 2: Do not mix the items of all the rooms in all the boxes. Label the boxes properly so it makes it easy while unpacking.
- Tip 3: Don’t leave empty space in the boxes (don’t overstuff obviously) fill in the gaps with old towels/clothes, or bubble wraps.
- Tip 4: Mind that as you pack the boxes, do not place heavy items on lighter ones in order to avoid breakage.
- Tip 5: Use the right boxes for the right items. Put light items in big cartons/boxes and heavy items in small boxes as it makes it easy for the movers to carry.
How AssureShift Guarantees Top Quality Services
Network of Verified Packers Movers
AssureShift carries out online as well as in-person verification of moving companies before associating with them. We verify their complete company documents like GST, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Office location proof, etc. Additionally, we also check their website, services provided, and previous performance record.
Well-organized List of Moving Companies
List of packers and movers in each city are organized in order of their performance. You can also filter out suitable relocation companies based on their Star Ratings, Services offered, Quality tags, or distance from your locality.
Instant Quotes from 3 Best Movers
As soon as you post an enquiry with details of your relocation, you will get references of 3 most relevant moving companies along with their charges estimations. All you need to do is compare company profiles, cost quotes, relocation services offered, and packer mover reviews in a single place, and finalize the right mover for you.
Regular Quality Maintenance Check
Quality maintenance is not a one-time check. At AssureShift, we do routine service quality inspection by taking feedback from customers who hired movers through us. We find out the service quality provided by our movers, and based on their response, we take necessary action like rewarding top performers with high ranks in listing or penalize poor-quality movers for the loss caused to customers.
If we get severe complaints about our movers, we may suspend or blacklist the moving company profile.
Prompt Support from Start to End of your Move
From the time you get in touch with us until the final delivery of goods at your destination, we offer full support during your move. We can speak to the movers on your behalf to resolve the issue or recommend alternate movers. In the case of major issues payment hikes, the safety of goods, or legal problems, we can provide necessary documents for further action.
Delhi Relocation Service FAQs
The shifting charges may vary according to the brand of the movers, packaging materials used and the truck type, and on other bases as well. However, the approx. charges to shift in Delhi are mentioned below:
- 1 BHK: ₹ 4,000 – 10,000
- 2 BHK: ₹ 6,200 – 15,000
- 3 BHK: ₹ 8,500 – 20,000
The mover’s quote should have the basic information about the contract which includes, the name, phone number, and address of the relocation company, miles traveled, minimum and estimated weight, transportation charges, insurance charges (if any), packing and unpacking fees and accessorial charges.
Reviews can help you in finding a genuine shifting company. The reviews of the customer show if you should rely on the shifting company or not.
You can search for reviews on Google Business Manager or on Facebook. You can also search for reviews on the AssureShift website as we collect feedback from our customers regularly to maintain high-quality services.
If you are planning to move within Delhi, then you can start searching before 5-7 days of your shift. If you are planning to relocate out of Delhi it is advised to start looking for best packers and movers before 20-30 days of your shift.
Check your packed goods as soon as the goods are unloaded (preferably in a day or two). Also, check the deadline for the insurance and report to the relocation company. Do not forget to click photos before packing and after unpacking to show as proof if required.
Inform the shifting company in Delhi about the size of the house, the major moving items like TV, sofa, AC, dining table, etc. Also, tell them approx. date you are planning to shift with other basic information like if the destination house has a lift or not, which floor to shift, etc.
- Agarwal Packers and Movers: Saraswati Vihar, Pitampura, New Delhi – 110034
- Leo Packers and Movers: Narsimhapur, Near Dhanuka Factory, Gurgaon – 122001
- Aadhunik Packers and Movers: Rangpuri, Mahipalpur, Delhi – 110037
- DHL Packers and Movers: Krishna Chowk phase 2, Palam Vihar, Gurgaon – 122017
- Om Packers and Movers: Sec 26 Dwarka New Delhi 110077
- Alfa Packers and Movers: Street No.7, Mahipalpur Extn New Delhi – 110037
- Transworld Packers and Movers: Ram Phal Chowk, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075
To find the best relocation companies you can ask your friends, or family for reference. You can also search for the best packers and movers in Delhi online.
You can associate with AssureShift and find the top-rated and best movers in Delhi. All the movers and packers enrolled with us are genuine and verified from our end. You can reach them from your side or you can fill the query form and our team will reach out to you with best 3 matches of relocation companies near you.
Yes, the packers and movers will dismantle and reinstall the appliances if you request. However, the relocation company may charge extra for it. The approx. charges are mentioned below:
- LCD (Mounting in the new home): Rs 400 – Rs 750
- AC (Disassembly and assembly): Rs 1,200 – Rs 2,500
- Geyser (Mounting in new home): Rs 400 – Rs 650
Instead of taking the stress of shifting by yourself, look for good moving companies in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, and other major cities in India who can provide safe relocation in a timely manner. Movers & packers will take complete responsibility of safely packing and moving your goods with best quality packaging material like suitable bubble wrap, plastic wrap, packing paper, cartons and corrugated boxes, etc., and secure loading-unloading with apt equipment like hand trucks, furniture sliders, dollies for appliances and furniture, panel movers, moving straps and ropes, and various others.
Avail reliable home relocation services from genuine Delhi packers and movers who undergo thorough verification of complete registration documents, office setup, and past performance history. Our partner relocation services providers in Delhi are also fully knowledgeable in various packing and moving services like home shifting, car/bike transport, office moving, storage and warehouse facilities, cargo shipping, and many more. Just share your shifting requirements with us, and within few minutes we will refer 3 best match Delhi Movers and Packers and provide free cost quotations for your list of moving services. Compare relocation company profiles, shifting charges and reviews and ratings before hiring most relevant & professional packers and movers Delhi.