9 Best Places to Live in Delhi (Most Preferred Residential Areas)
When we talk about Delhi, there are several terms to explain this urban agglomeration. Delhi is a city, a National Capital Territory and a country capital, is spread across 1428 square kilometers sharing its border with Uttar Pradesh in the East, Haryana in the West and South.
Planning to move to Delhi soon? Take a look at this ultimate guide for moving to Delhi to get an idea of what you can expect living in the city.
Since Delhi has several issues such as congested neighborhoods, severe pollution, and high crime rates, it is important to research and judge before moving to a certain locality. This blog is focused on helping people to settle in a locality where people could move themselves or with their families and stay at that particular location without much troubles.
The following localities are an overview that could guide you to live a hassle free and comfortable life in Delhi.
#1 Greater Kailash
Greater Kailash also known as GK is situated in the southern part of the city. Greater Kailash is further divided into two parts GK1 and GK2. Considering various factors this area has a livability index of 9/10 because of its proximity to healthcare, educational institutes and other crucial amenities.
Greater Kailash is a neighborhood where we can find medium to high range properties for a comfortable and affordable stay. IGI airport is around 20 kms away and NDLS is around 13 kms away.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 18,340 - 25,640 per sq/ft.
- Educational Institutes: Institute of laser and aesthetic medicine, International institute of mass media, ACMT group of colleges, National institute of Fine arts.
- Leisure & Recreational places: Laidback Cafe, HOP House OF Proteins, The Potbelly Rooftop Cafe, Sakley’s – The Mountain Cafe, In The Punjab, Nandan park, Rock Garden, Chittaranjan Park.
- Healthcare Institutes: Fortis escort, Medanta the medicity, IBS Hospital.
#2 Vasant Vihar
Vasant Vihar is among the posh localities in Delhi home to celebrities and politicians and business tycoons. The proximity to IGI airport is around 12 km and 14 km away from NDLS. Vasant Vihar is one of the most popular locations in Delhi. Vasant Vihar is situated in the south-west part of Delhi. Most of the major business establishments of Delhi are nearby Vasant Vihar such as Connaught place. Vasant Vihar metro is the nearest metro.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 28,450 - 36,700 per sq/ft
- Educational Institutes: DU South campus, IIT Delhi, JNU
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Cafe E, Big Chill, Cafe Resto, Greenr Cafe, The Chocolate Room, Salad Chef, The Pint Room.
- Healthcare Institutes: Fortis Hospital, Dharmashila super speciality clinic, Maanmati Hospital.
#3 Hauz Khas
Hauz Khas is situated in the southern part of Delhi, it gained popularity in the last couple of years. Hauz Khas is best known for its good connectivity to the rest of Delhi. Hauz Khas has several business establishments and is one of the fastest growing areas in Delhi. Hauz Khas is around 17 kms away from IGI Airport and 12 kms away from New Delhi station. Hauz Khas metro is the nearest metro.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 21,860- 27,650 per sq/ft
- Educational Institutes: Institute of home economics, Nivedita Vidya mandir, Tata institute of Social Science.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Coast Cafe, Elma’s Bakery, Out of The Box, Amour – The Patio Restaurant Cafe & Bar, The Himalayan Cuisine, Lama Kitchen, Hauz Khas district park, Mevati Park, Maa Sarada Park.
- Healthcare Institutes: Practo Care Surgeries, K.D institute of medical science, Institute of paramedical science and management.
#4 Vasant Kunj
Vasant Kunj is a dream place for people seeking a comfortable stay. This is a spacious locality where people belonging to every strata live. Vasant Kunj has four different blocks and is located in a prime location making it ideal for transportation. Schools, Colleges and Business centres are situated in nearby places making it suitable for families and bachelors to live. Vasant Vihar metro station is the nearest to Vasant Kunj. Vasant Kunj is 18 kms away from NDLS and 10kms aways from IGI Airport.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 15,900 - 30,450 per sq/ft
- Educational Institute: Vidyology Education institute, IITD Hospital, Hexane institute.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Aravalli Biodiversity Park, SMAAASH, Pawar Garden, Vasant Kunj Lake.
- Healthcare Institutes: Vasant Hospital, Homital Medcare, Ramayana Healthcare.
#5 Gulmohar Park
Situated in the southern part of Delhi, Gulmohar park is considered to be the top residential area in Delhi under Delhi Development Authority (DDA).Gulmohar park This colony covers around 43 acres with around 13 parks and divided by four blocks. Gulmohar park is around 12 kms away from NDLS and is 18km away from IGI Airport. Green park station is the nearest metro station.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 23,650 - 26,300 per sq/ft
- Educational Institute: International Institute of Mass Media, ACMT Group of colleges, MCM Academy.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Parathe Wala, Purvi’s Kitchen Dakshin, Gulmohar Club, Chinese Yard, Chords, Siri fort Auditorium, Gulmohar park, Doyens Township park, Ambedkar Bhawan.
- Healthcare Institutes: Fortis Hospital, Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Synergy Eye Care.
#6 Panchsheel Park
Panchsheel park is situated to the east of Hauz Khas and Asian village to the south. Panchsheel park is often considered to be the pensioner’s paradise owing to the location. This posh locality of Delhi is famous for its individual houses and bungalows.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 18,237 - 24,750 per sq/ft
- Educational Institute: DPG Degree college.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: The Brown Box, Suribachi Cafe, Cafe Rendezvous, Khalsa Aid Recreational centre.
- Healthcare Institutes: Rosewalk healthcare, Max multi speciality centre, New Delhi healthcare academy.
#7 New Friends Colony
New friend’s colony is situated in the southern part of Delhi and it is divided into east and west. New friends colony is a vibrant and bustling centre with plenty of amenities and attractive places nearby. New friends colony is around 12 km away from NDLS and around 26 km away from the airport. Sukhdev Vihar Metro station is the nearest metro station.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 15,230 - 19,865 per sq/ft
- Educational Institutes: NIAM Educational foundation, National institute of applied management, Cambridge International institute.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Pebble street NFC,NFC Community centre, EGO Lounge and bakery,S.T.Bed Parks, MCD Park.
- Healthcare Institutes: Medmas Pharmacy, Magnus Diagnostic centre, Onecare Diagnostic centre, Allied and healthcare institute.
#8 Model Town
Model Town is one of the posh and affluent localities in North Delhi. Model town has a historic past and is a crucial location. Model Town was developed by DLF Groups in the early 1950s. This locality was considered to be the first posh and affluent localities in Delhi. Model Town is around 12 km away from NDLS and IGI airport is around 30 kms aways, however the connectivity is good and hassle free. The nearest metro is Azadpur station.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 14,340 - 18,675 per sq/ft
- Educational Institutes: Mahan Institute of Technologies, The Global educational institute, IWP Academy.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Cubano Cafe, The Model Town Cafe, Ring wood circle cubbon park, Madlabs.
- Healthcare Institutes: Dayanand healthcare, Arihant institute of Coloproctology, MD City Hospital.
#9 Sundar Nagar
Sundar Nagar is located in the heart of Delhi, an affluent and high-yielding neighborhood. The area of Sundar Nagar overlooks the zoological garden which makes it an ideal place for home seekers. Sundar Nagar is among the places where most of the handicraft stores and craft houses are situated. New Delhi station is just 6km away and IGI Airport is around 20 kms aways which is well connected by metro. Hazrat Nizamuddin is the nearest metro.
- Average Property Prices: Rs 65,340 - 81,240 per sq/ft
- Educational Institutes: Ashwini BSF institutes, All India Institute of Management and technology, New Horizon school.
- Leisure & Recreational Places: Saz, The Burger Corp., Kamal’s, Number 8, Orange Peel By Rasleen Kocchar, Basil & Thyme, Sundar Nursery, Museum of illusion.
- Healthcare Institutes: Men-Tsee-Khang (Tibetan medical and astro institute), Red Cross Bhawan, Henry Harvin healthcare.
Like every other city, Delhi too has some advantages as well as disadvantages of living there. Read this blog to know what are the pros and cons of living in Delhi to stay prepared before your move.
The article covers nine different localities in Delhi, including Greater Kailash, Vasant Vihar, Hauz Khas, Vasant Kunj, Gulmohar Park, Saket, Defence Colony, Green Park, and Mayur Vihar. For each locality, the article provides information about the average property prices, nearby educational institutions, recreational activities, and healthcare facilities. Overall, the article serves as a helpful guide for people who are looking to move to Delhi and want to find a comfortable and convenient place to live.