10 Best Affordable Places to Live in Chennai
Chennai is capital of Tamil Nadu; it is a great place to live where you can enjoy peaceful morning time with beautiful sunshine and some famous sea beaches where you can enjoy your free time with your family and friends. Chennai has become more prominent in past few years because of multiple of well-established institutes and IT firms that’s the reason it has become one of the most economical and educational centers of south India, which has lots of opportunities for students and freshers who are looking for suitable jobs. Chennai is a perfect city to live for both old and young generation because this city has an ideal mixture of cultural and metropolitan life, it is also known that Chennai is the safest places to live among all the metropolitans of India. As it also has the has one of the best-prearranged bus transport routes and local train facility in Chennai through Koyambedu which helps people to go from one place to another quickly without facing too much of heavy traffic. Chennai is also famous for tourist attraction places like; Marina Beach, Valluvar Kottam, Elliot’s Beach, Muttukadu & Dakshina Chitra, Guindy National Park, etc. where people use to visit and enjoy their time during their vacations and weekends. Chennai has lots of well-developed hospitals, that’s the main reason it is was ranked as No. 1 in Health facilities in 2003. It is also known as the most prominent artificial oceanic port of India and the biggest seaport in Bay of Bengal district, and the living cost is also quite reasonable to live here as compared to other cities which makes Chennai one of the topmost place to live in with modern living facilities.
But when it comes to finding a perfect and suitable residential area in Chennai, it's obvious you might get confused due to increasing everyday population, and you will be failed to identify the which residential area will be safer and more suitable for you and your beloved ones. It's evident that your new residential area should be perfect and close to your daily life requirements, but if you want to start a new journey of your life by staying away from the city crowd, then you must never finalize your residence near to any commercial area. But on the other side, if you have kids going to school, then you can't stay too far from their school location as they will have to travel a too long distance to go to their school, that's why your residential area should always depend on your daily life requirements.
We have seen many cases, where people always use to be jumbled due to insufficient knowledge about that place and at last, they use to sit more hassled due to wrong selection of the site. But there’s no need to fear as we are here today to select a perfect residential area to enjoy your life at your new location without any interruption, where you can have the complete enjoyment of life located near to your home.
List of top 10 places to live in Chennai:
Adyar is one of the most comfortable residential areas, because it is covered with lots of greenery, and also on the bank of Adyar river, it is a mixture of residential as well as commercial formations. There are multiple hospitals, schools, restaurants, pubs, etc. which covers all the essential requirements of our daily living requirements. Adyar has also become one of the most popular residential areas because it is well-linked with all the major parts of Chennai, with the help of Mass Rapid Transit System (Chennai) and bus services which runs between intra-city and inter-city at a reasonable cost.
Essential things needed for daily life requirements in Adyar:
- Schools: Bharath Senior Secondary School, St Michael's Academy Kendriya Vidyalaya, St Johns English School & Junior College, The Chennai School (International Baccalaureate), etc.
- Entertainment places: Adyar Eco Park, Snake Park, Broken bridge, etc.
- Malls: Muthu Nadar Complex, Adyar Gandhinagar Shopping Centre, etc.
- Parks for relaxation: Indira Nagar Park, Kasturibai Gandhi Grounds, Corporation Children’s Park, etc.
Mylapore has played an essential role in the development of Chennai; not many know that this area precedes the city itself from more than 1,500 years. But in spite of its age, societies and famous temples, Mylapore has become of the favorite residential area because of cheap housing, schools, and its connectivity to all significant parts of the city by the help of MTC buses. This area is also more preferable among people because of Mylapore’s Citi Centre Mall, The Madras Pub, Uber-cool pubs, clubs, and restaurants where you can relax and refresh yourself in your free time. Mylapore is known as it is the home of hundreds of temples, churches, and mosques, etc.
Essential things needed for daily life requirement in Mylapore:
- Schools: P. S. Senior Secondary School, The Oxford School, Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, etc.
- Attractive places: Ramakrishna Temple, San Thome Church, Sri Parthasarathy Temple, Escape Cinemas, etc.
- Malls: Mr. Burger, Kuchery Road Mylapore Shopping Hub, TNHB Shopping Complex, etc.
- Parks for refreshment: Nageshwara Rao Park, Bheemasena Garden, Corporation Park & Children's Playground, etc.
Kottivakkam is also a famous residential locality, where you can live peacefully as this is not much crowding. It has been newly merged under the Chennai Corporation and hence, it is developing speedily every day. It is situated on ECR, making it a perfect place just close enough to the city yet away from the activity of a metro. Kottivakkkam is also well-linked with all the other significant areas of the city by the help of local bus service at a reasonable price.
Essential things needed for daily life requirements in Kottivakkam:
- Schools: Manthan Vidyashram, Sangeetha Vidhyalaya, Emerald Kids, etc.
- Attractive places: VGP Universal Kingdom, Akkarai Beach, Neelankarai Beach, etc.
- Malls: Shabnam Shopping Super Market, Sara Designs, etc.
- Parks: Amara Park, Natco Colony Park, Triangle Shape Park, Murugan Park, etc.
Neelenkarari is a famous residential locality with a total population of 15,688 in which 52% are males, and 48% are females. This area is known for best and comfortable apartments with beach view; it is also fast becoming the go-to place for city inhabitants, looking to relax and live away from the fast-paced activities of the city. Neelenkarai is one of the locations away from the midpoint of the city as the market is getting drenched in central and inside parts of Chennai. Hence, it is fast becoming an ideal and safe place for residence, and it is also connected with all the areas of the city by the help of bus and taxi service.
Essential things needed for daily life needs in Neelenkarai:
- Schools: GTA Vidhya Mandir, Harsha School, Bloomfield School, Brotherhood Matriculation Higher Secondary School, etc.
- Entertainment places: Neelankarai Beach, Palavakkam Beach, Semmozhi Poonga, etc.
- Malls: Billion Collection, Specmakers, ASM shopping center, Swathi Silk and Textiles, etc.
- Parks for recreation: Workers Estate Park Neelangarai, Ranga Reddy Gardens Pond, Sakthi Nagar Park, etc.
Besant Nagar is one of the well-planned neighborhood and residential area in Chennai, and it has seen a steady increase in corporate establishment and actions due to its places of interest with speedily increasing population. It a favorite place of residence for not only local people, but also for new comers due to the presence of famous Elliot’s beach, temples, and many good dining restaurants along with a safe and reliable public transport substructure with a terminus.
Essential things needed for daily life needs in Besant Nagar:
- Schools: St. John's English School and Junior College, Olcott Memorial High School, Besant LVR Matriculation School, Redwood Montessori School, etc.
- Attractive places: Aqua Paradise, Ashtalakshmi Temple, Adyar Banyan Tree, Ayyappan Temple, etc.
- Malls: MAALGAADI, Tnhb Shopping Complex, G N Store, Edward Stores, etc.
- Nearby parks: Corporation Park, CPWD Quarters Park, Besant Gardens, etc.
Chetpet is one of the most popular residential areas in Chennai, which is surrounded by lots of greenery and well-developed apartments at quite a reasonable price as compared to other areas. It is also known for its well-planned public facilities like; roads, electricity, water supply, and trustworthy municipal and civic facilities. Many schools and business centers are well-established here to provide you the best education and job opportunities. That’s why Chetpet is a great residential area, with all the daily requirement facilities available near your doorstep.
Important things needed for daily life needs in Chetpet:
- Schools: Stepping Stone Montessori School, Sindhi Model Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Lady Andal, Sherwood Higher Secondary School, etc.
- Attractive places: Chetpet Lake, Bellezza, Chennai Public Aquarium, etc.
- Malls: Corporation Shopping Complex, Shoppers Stop, Botega Pereira, etc.
- Parks for relaxation: Chetpet Eco park, Harrington Road Park, Sathya murthy Park, etc.
Anna Nagar is also one most preferred residential area, especially for students and corporate workers as it is situated in the middle of the city and is a center for all amenities, be it housing or commercial undertakings. This rea is well-developed as it has multiple good schools, shopping malls and various means of exciting places are available in the area. It is also well associated with all parts of the city with the help of buses and share autos, and it is also the main residential areas which are home to several doctors, politicians, and lawyers.
Essential things needed for daily life needs in Anna Nagar:
- Schools: S.B.O.A School and Junior College, Jaigopal Garodia Vivekananda Vidyalaya, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, etc.
- Attractive places: Chennai Rail Museum, Anna Tower, Modern Entertainment Chennai, etc.
- Malls: VR Chennai, F.S. Shoppe, Simba, Designer World, etc.
- Nearby Parks: Bull Park, Thiruvalluvar Kudiyiruppu Park, Bougainvillea Park, Vasuki Park, etc.
It is not shocking that Purasaiwalkam is also in the list of best residential areas which is an ideal area of Chennai which is also known as an exciting neighborhood. Where you can enjoy all comforts available at affordable prices with multiple options of schools, entertainment, green parks, and well-established malls and local-markets for regular shopping, etc. This area is a perfect mixture of the residential and commercial hub because of multiple of well-developed IT companies and startups, which has lots of job opportunities for everyone.
Essential things needed for daily life requirement in Purasaaiwalakam:
- Schools: Raja Nursery School, Satya Matriculation Higher Secondary School, J.M matriculation school, St.Joseph's Primary School, etc.
- Famous places: Arulmigu Gangadeeswarar Koil, Pathala Ponniamman Temple, Wesley Church, Egmore, etc.
- Malls: Saravana Stores, Abirami Mega Mall, Waikiki Shopping Complex, A To Z, etc.
- Parks for recreation: Juice Park, Herbal Park, Chudidhaar park, Selvapaty Park, etc.
Injambakkam is also one of the top residential locality with a total population of 10,084 in which 52% are Males, and 48% are female. Here most of the plots have self-governing villas on the main road, and it is entirely inhabited at best competitive price with all the facilities like school, restaurants, banks, malls, parks located nearby.
Essential things needed for daily life requirements in Injambakkam:
- Schools: Primrose Schools, European International School, Vaels International School, ALM School, etc.
- Attractive places: ISKCON, Akkarai Beach, Snow Kingdom, Kart Attack, etc.
- Malls: Shopprix Mall, Bai shop, Grand Store, etc.
- Parks for refreshment: Sindoori Gardens, Shalimar Garden-Park, Khalil Garden, Children's Park, etc.
Alwarpet is a fashionable locality known for its high-profile residents such as legislators, actors, and many public figures. The property prices are quite high as compared to other areas because of much sought after apartments that are constructed by famous names in the real estate trade. This area can be perfect for anyone, if you are a sports lover, then you can enjoy your time in Paddington Sports Bar, and you can also spend your free time in nightclubs, famous cafes, and restaurants. This area is well-linked with all the main parts of the city with the help of local bus service.
Essential things needed for daily life needs in Alwarpet:
- Schools: Kheal Play School & Creche, Boston International School, St.Fracis Xavier Matriculation High School, Bharatha Niketan, etc.
- Famous places: Kamarajar Statue, Shree Sai Baba Temple, Semmozhi Poonga, Mahatma Gandhi Statue, etc.
- Malls: Land Marvel, D.R Shopping Mall, etc.
- Parks: Shri Padhuka, Nageshwara Rao Park, etc.
We agree that finding a perfect and affordable residential area in Chennai is quite challenging tasks, because of a growing everyday population due to which the charges of properties are also increasing promptly. That’s why we have done comprehensive research and found some of the top residential areas to live in Chennai, where you can have all the amenities needed for modern life existence. You will also love to visit the famous and ancient places, or you can also do some exercises and meditation to be always fit in the nearby located parks. Now, we hope that the areas as mentioned above, and the critical guidelines will help you to select an appropriate dream residence where you can enjoy your life with your dear ones happily.